Saturday, September 23, 2006

Niko niko


In my attempt to satisfy my craving for good Asian food in the Loo, I took a trip down to Kitchener.

A fellow graduate student recommended Niko Niko, (28 King Street Est). She's from Vancouver, parents from HK, so I had an instant connection with her. I told her - please!! NO rice with soya sauce* dishes. :P



Upon the recommendation of my waitress, I ordered the "Tornado" ($11.95) - squid tempura, crab salad and avacado.

Entree: Salad
Interesting salad dressing. They added wasabi to the sweet balasmic dressing. the veg was fresh. so - first dish - pass! :)

Main: Tornado
hm..flavourful. Could have been better - i.e. fresh squid tempura and crispy seaweed. it's always nice when the tempura is hot and the batter crunchy. but nice presentation though.


Side dish: Miso soup
so-so

Desert: An orange.mmm..God's creation. always good.so, I'll go back again just to satisfy a craving. :) nice presentation of the food overall. i give it a 6/10hm..the waitress told me that there is a good vietnamese restaurant opposite the asian grocery store. that's my next target! mmmm...soup!*why do caucasians think that rice with soya sauce is a dish? it's like..pasta with salt. ..:(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home