Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Care package cont


So - I know how much you love marshies. :)
I never did post anything on them, even though you got them for christmas too.
So I thought I'll walk you through the process..

The hardest part of the process is taking care of the sugar conconction. The recipe calls for it to reach the soft-ball stage. Yes - so you have to be careful not to under boil it ..in which case it'll be just..sugar..hehe, or over boil it in which case it will caramelized (i'm guessing). :)

So you leave it overnight (8-10 hours). After 1/2 -1 hour, it should feel pretty firm. You mix rice flour and icing sugar in equal proportions, and then dust the surface with the mixture.

Make sure that the parchment paper is oiled! I didn't do it the last time and I had to kinda scrap it off. Not a pretty sight. But look at this one - peels right off!

and Voila!
It's not that hard, just takes time. ..and I don't even like eating marshmallows! hahaha.
Susah ok?? I had to do it early morning before I left for school. Cutting cutting cutting. :)
Hopefully it won't spoil before you get to taste it..;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home