Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Storms everywhere!!!


It was raining and storming outside today and so we cooked up our own storm in the kitchen today. It was an early start for all in a mostly successful attempt to get to the stores early. We layered our clothes, grabbed our brollies and walked out bravely into the rain.

Clare started us off by peeling and chopping lots and lots of potatoes, sweet potatoes, leek, carrots and onions for her vegetable soup as evidenced by all the peelings in the kitchen sink. The kitchen very quickly was filled with steam and a DELICIOUS smell of the soup boiling.


Before










After










I decided to concentrate on what I love most...chocolate and marshmallows!! I used this recipe from Michael Recchuiti I've been eying for ages. http://www.recchiuti.com/cgi-bin/recchiuti/recipes/recipe_4.html?id=FAyVeEg6

I followed the quality of the ingredients almost to the letter as best as I could. 70% dark Lindt chocolate, SN's homemade marshmallows, Jersey butter and Hershey's 50% chocolate chips that SN brought from Canada. And I have to say....these brownies are YUMMY. Not too sweet, not too wet or dry albeit very very very rich.

There was also carrot cake and tortillas....but we'll save that for the next post. hehee...I have to say both of us are so tired from cooking....and being very very very full just compounds the oncoming sleepiness....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home