Sunday, May 27, 2012

We'll always have ramen

I had a really nice time with Sue Anne  (my doctor friend from OCF) who was down from Wellington on Thursday and Friday for a business trip. I hadn't seen her for 2 years so I was very excited and I compressed all my lab work so I could meet her on both days.

Thursday night we went for Japanese at Azuma Kushiyaki courtesy of her company ;). No pictures, but here's the link: http://www.azuma.com.au/kushiyaki/home.php. We really had a nice time eating and chatting as if no time has passed at all. We passed on dessert because of the waiting time but also because I wanted to rush her to the shops before they closed in an hour. I have been looking around the past week or so very unsuccessfully for a gift for her. At almost closing time she saw a wallet and a watch she liked but I told her that she should think about it. After which, we both headed home.

Friday afternoon we met and went shopping! I had originally planned to get to the city a little earlier and see if I could afford the watch but my experiments ran over time and I didn't. So I ended up telling her that I needed to look for something for my housemate and ran over to the shop to buy the watch. I had a voucher I could use so it didn't end up being too expensive.

In the meantime, she had already given me a pair of gloves that I had requested from NZ. And then after I got back from buying her the watch, she bought me a scarf. AND THEN, when I finally gave her the watch over dinner, she gave me a top I had tried on and really liked but was too expensive. I am so blessed with good friends.

It was so fun after shopping when we were about to head for coffee but I suggested ramen (which she doesn't get in NZ). After all of 30 seconds consideration, her eyes twinkled and we both just starting running.

It was hard to say goodbye to her......



I miss her. I miss old friends whom I've known from my student days. I miss friends who understand the difficulties in being a student again. I miss those who walk with me as a Christian. I miss all of them. But I am blessed. They have always been so generous to me with whatever they have.. time, money, prayer, love and our friendship has spanned time and space.

God is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home