Sunday, December 17, 2006

I've always liked wrapping presents


I really wanted to eat popiah again this trip around. Especially with all the memories of popiah during my July trip (SN...remember the videw & mummy). But mummy said that we won't have enough time, so I had a brainwave (kinda) and asked Aunty Cheryl if she wanted to make it. She did since she was going to make popiah for friends on Saturday and she had never made it before. She also wanted to test out her lastest gadget, thenMagiMix.

We started out at TTDI market at 7 am!! SEVEN..I kid you not. We ended up having to go to the SS2 market as well to get the popiah skin.

And then..finally..MAGIMIX ROCKS!!! It really did everything at a touch of a button. Slice, grate, shred, blend...so quick! That, together with the AMC pots, I never knew popiah could be so easy :)

Everything turned out really nice. This is the list of ingredients in case I forget. It serves about 5 people


1 kati popiah skin
2-3 turnips, cooked with bean paste, thick black sauce, soya sauce ( and pork as an option)
Tofu- then thin, hard one
Chicken breast
Prawns
Fried shallots
French beans
Eggs
Taugeh
Lettuce
Chilli (chili, shallots, garlic)
Tim cheong

And...voila!

I should have a picture of a wrapped popiah here, but I forgot to take one. Hehee...so, just imagine the unwrapped one now wrapped :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home