Sunday, June 17, 2007

White Vienna Loaf 2


Tried the bread recipe again. I substituted 1/4 cup of sourdough and 1/2 cup of graham flour + 1 tsp of vital wheat gluten + unmeasured amount of pastry flour (ran out of bread flour).


So gooooodd!!

I probably added about 1/2 -3/4 cup of pastry flour before the dough was the right consistency. I left the sourdough dough and the yeast to ferment. But Berembaum usually adds flour + water +sourdough - ferment with a yeast+flour covering. It turned out alright though. I wasn't sure :)

Lovely. The bread was soft, tasty (mild sourdough taste, a hint of sweetness from the graham flour), and very easy to make.

Verdict: ++++++

p.s.
Oh.
I had a picnic..and made farmhouse white bread.
Also very good! Sorry no pics. Only this:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home