Saturday, October 25, 2008

A week of Wednesdays

Ok... I know this is a little belated but I was busy enjoying popularity and then shortly after illness came a-calling so, I'm sorry. Especially because a certain someone had to read 'yo yo' of the previous post everyday whilst waiting for this.


So, the night before my birthday (Day -1), I had dinner with Joyce, NHT & Minh, and Nhi. We went to the Boathouse and had SO MUCH FUN! I don't even remember what we talked about...I just remember laughing a lot.
Minh and NHT even got me this L'Occitane hand and nail cream set!

And then....and then...I got home and fell asleep before midnight so had to open Mummy's present in the morning. AND WHAT A PRESENT!!!!!!!WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There was a gold Furla bag (the real McCoy mummy says), a red leather purse and diamond earrings!! So nice. The nicest present this year!!! I really like them. Thanks mummy.
At work, we made rice paper rolls (kinda like a pot luck where everyone provides different ingredients) and fruit flan. The picture is the after shot cause we were hungry and ate really fast. Well, I was hungry :)

From work, I shot off to Old Kingdom which is a famous peking duck place in Melbourne. My cell group took me there for my first peking duck experience ever and boy, do I like it! Each duck comes with 12 pancakes, 12 pieces of cucumber and 12 pieces of spring roll. Only 12, no more no less. And if you overuse any one ingredient, you don't get to ask for more. Fortunately this rule is not one globally enforced by all peking duck places (so I was told)

These are the pieces of duck for the actual peking duck. The rest of the duck is made into soup and fried with tau geh.

Someone at my table calculated that everyone had exactly 4 pieces. I didn't hear that. And because I was concentrating so hard on the way the man cut the duck, I also didn't hear the bit about there only being EXACTLY 12 pieces of everything. So, there I was happily eating my ducks and not keeping count when someone pipes up and counts the number of pancakes left and asks the inevitable 'Why don't we have enough? How much did you eat? And you..? And you..? Hmmm...who ate more than their share". Just at that very moment, I was actually about to bite into peking duck #6. I had to fess up and of course everyone said it was ok because it was my birthday and my first experience. But I knew better...I was just greedy. hahahaha...

Cell members- L-R Sharon, Joanne, Vivienne.

The rest of the week was not as exciting but still consisted of a lot of food.

Thursday night was an EXCITING NIGHT with Japanese food, chocolate pizza's, cotton bud earphones and cereal box mp3 players. Thanks SN and Hsu. It was really nice though. I enjoyed it a lot (See Hsu's previous post for full details and more pictures)

I also saw Joyce off on Thursday night and that made me sad. I miss her a lot.

Friday was my day of rest

Saturday I had dinner with my colleagues to celebrate a few of our birthdays. I'm glad I'm beginning to be friends with them. They're nice.

Even on Sunday, Ka Faii and Jason bought me yum cha breakfast.

(See...I look visibly chubbier already)

On Monday, the week of Birthday Wednesdays ended with a nice pair of earrings from my colleagues.

I am blessed. Not so much in the things itself but by how much I learn from people God's love for me and then learning to reciprocate that. Feels like it's been a long 27 years but I know that with God's grace and all your love I will be able to go another 27 more.

Thanks guys.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI GIRL!!

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU ATE SO MUCH PEKING DUCK!! SO GREEDY!! HAHAHHA

NEXT TIME DOn'T EAT MORE THAN YOUR FAIR SHARE!!!

5:01 AM  
Blogger sookie said...

hahaha. i know koko. so malu right???
hahaha
we wouldn't have done that!!! ;p

2:46 PM  
Blogger sookwern said...

Hahaha...I know...I know...but it was so good!! The skin just melts in the mouth. Yummm... You're just jealous...hahaha

2:48 PM  
Blogger sookie said...

hahahhahah.
YEAH!! here no good asian food.
I went to china town ..RAINING somemore. bought a cha siew pao..wah..really teruk man.
:(
I WANt KAYA PAO!!

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home